Informative workshop series
Crosstown Family Health Team offers a number of educational services and events to help ensure your health.
Multiple session workshops
Four Weekly, 2 Hour Sessions – Mondays, June 4, 11, 18, 25, 2018
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Does anxious and depressive thinking interrupt your enjoyment of life?
- What beliefs or negative thinking keep your anxiety & depression alive?
- Learn to work with more adaptive core beliefs and assumptions
- Experience Mindfulness and Relaxation exercises to apply in daily life
Three Sessions, TBA
- Does perfectionism impact your thoughts and behaviors
- Learn connection between perfectionism & anxiety, depression & anger
- Learn approaches to address perfectionism/ anxiety
o Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approaches (CBT)
o Behavioral Approaches
o Problem Solving
Two Sessions, 1.5 hours each
- Myths about assertiveness, passiveness, aggressiveness – self assessment
- What assertiveness is and is NOT
- What beliefs stop you from communicating assertively & how to change that
- How healthy assertiveness can help reframe anxiety and depression
- How to recognize assertiveness in self and others
- How to think and behave more assertively – Role play and practice
Single session workshops
One Session, 1.5 hours, TBA
- What causes stress in your life?
- How do you respond to it?
- Constructive vs destructive coping approaches
- Stress reduction approaches that positively impact health issues such as diabetes, smoking cessation, cardiac issues etc.
- Relaxation practice session
One Session, 2 Hours, TBA
- Is Depression a part of normal aging? Myth Busting.
- Is depression often overlooked in older adults?
- Recognizing Depression, and or Early Dementia?
- Self-care tips for yourself or someone you care about
- Help and where to find it.