Medical Office Assistant
Are you looking for a team environment to put your strong customer service and multitasking skills to use? Come work with us at the Weston Family Health Organization located at the Crosstown FHT. We offer a set work schedule with vacation time. We are looking for a long-term team member to work with our energetic, hard-working, and friendly team.
The Weston Family Health Organization (FHO) and partner Crosstown Family Health Team (FHT) provide comprehensive primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in its catchment area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
The Medical Office Assistant (MOA) position is critical to the effective functioning of the FHO. This position requires excellent administrative support skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and strong interpersonal skills to work with patients and inter-professional health care providers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Greet and register patients in a professional, friendly manner
- Answer multi-telephone system
- Manage booking/referral processes for the FHT
- Process correspondence, draft replies and other communication tasks
- Maintain confidentiality of all data and information
- Maintain and stock inventory, carry out pricing and purchasing
- Perform other reception/clerical duties as assigned for efficient operation of the FHT
- Complete payroll using accounting software
- Participate in team building, program development, and improvement activities
- Participate in staff meetings to exchange ideas, receive mutual support and monitor program outcomes
- Comply with established personnel policies, procedures, standards and guidelines for operation
- Carry out venipuncture according to established standards
- Participate in established performance evaluation process and professional development goals
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Lead Physician
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience is an asset but not required. Job training will be provided
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Phlebotomy certificate and experience is an asset
- Proficiency in computer applications: Windows, Microsoft Office programs, email and internet usage
- Proficiency with Quickbooks software or other payroll software an asset
- Proficient with OSCAR electronic medical records
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving, written and oral communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and letter-writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Please note this is a 0.9 FTE position, Tuesday-Saturday.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.