The Registered Nurse works in close collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary health care professionals within the Crosstown Family Health Team’s community setting. As a vital member of the team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering quality nursing care to patients with a focus on:
- Helping with procedures;
- Health education;
- Disease prevention;
- Early identification and support for chronic health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension/cardiovascular disease.
- system navigation services and assistance finding and locating community resources
Your Pharmacist works with your doctor and the other health professionals in your doctor’s office to make sure you get the best health care. Working closely with your doctor, the pharmacist can help your doctor in selecting the right medications for you. Knowing your medical conditions and lab test results help the pharmacist to pick and monitor the best medications for you.
Do you have questions about:
- When to take your medications and what you could do to remember taking them?
- Why you need to take the medications that you do?
- What over the counter medications, vitamins and herbal supplements you can take with your prescription medications?
- What things can I do so I don’t have to take so many medications?
OUR PHARMACIST CAN ALSO HELP YOU WITH:
- Smoking Cessation;
- Diabetes Management;
- Education on a variety of different disease states.
The Registered Dietitian at the West Park Family Health Team provides individualized nutrition education as well as group education on health and nutrition-related topics. Registered Dietitians are licensed professionals, uniquely trained to advise on diet, food and nutrition in many diverse workplaces. Dietitians are the recognized food and nutrition professionals in Canada.
OUR REGISTERED DIETITIAN CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Unintentional weight loss due to decreased intake, loss of appetite or unknown reasons;
- Gastrointestinal problems such as Celiac, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux and Diverticulitis;
- Dyslipidemia and/or Hypertension;
- Diagnosed Food Sensitivities or Allergies;
- Pediatric Nutrition concerns such as growth and selective/picky eating;
- Hypoglycemia and other conditions suitable for treatment through diet;
SPECIFIC INTER-DISCIPLINARY PROGRAMS:
- Heart Smart for Dyslipidemia and Hypertension;
- Craving Change for Emotional Eating;
- Diabetes (specific to your doctor’s office);
- Senior’s Health Awareness Series;
- Lifestyle Change.
The Registered Social Worker is available to assist you with issues that impact your daily emotional health. The Social Worker provides individual assessment, counselling, education and group work, encouraging a holistic approach to health care delivery on the Family Health Team. This emphasis on mental health promotion, support and advocacy is done in close collaboration with your Doctor and team.
OUR SOCIAL WORKER CAN HELP YOU:
- Identify and understand your sources of stress or difficulty;
- Better understand and cope with anxiety, depression and chronic disease;
- Change your thinking to change your responses;
- Develop new coping and communication approaches;
- Focus on your strengths and find effective solutions or plans of action;
- Navigate services and connect with community resources;
- Locate alternate counselling resources if needed.